Mold Testing

 Molds are fungi that can be found both indoors and outdoors. There are thousands of species of fungi. Molds grow best in warm, damp and humid conditions and spread and reproduce by making spores. Some people are sensitive to molds and exposure can cause symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing or skin irritation. Some people may have more severe reactions.  In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated conditions. What are some of the common indoor molds?